Do you love Wool Clasica? Here’s a chance to be part of the Manos project — and score some free yarn into the bargain! We’re seeking designs for wearable accessories for women, men, and children – hats, scarves, cowls, mittens, handwarmers, you name it.
Winning designs should be eye-catching and fun to knit as well as to wear, and will use 1 – 2 skeins of Wool Clasica. Let your imagination run free as you incorporate simple cables, all-over texture, or creative colorwork into your design!
To enter, add your project in your notebook on Ravelry and tag with “Clasica-Design-Contest.” If you would like to be entered into the “People’s Choice” category, post your photo and a magic link to your project in our Ravelry thread.
DEADLINE: September 5, 2011
- Grand Prize (1): 10 sk of Manos Wool Clasica in color or colors of the winner’s choice
- First Prize (1 in each category): 5 sk of Manos Wool Clasica in color or colors of the winner’s choice
- Hats (women’s, men’s, or unisex)
- Neckwear (women’s, men’s, or unisex scarves, cowls, gaiters, etc.)
- Handwear (women’s, men’s, or unisex mittens, gloves, handwarmers, etc.)
- People’s Choice (must post photo in our Ravelry thread for consideration)
The fine print:
Pattern and design must of course be the original work of the person submitting it to the contest, and cannot have been previously published in any form.
Winners will be required to submit knitting/crochet directions for their projects within 1 week of being notified that they’ve won.
Both parties will be able to use and promote the free pattern. We’ll put it on our site, promote you, advertise you on in one of our Ravelry ads, blog about you and so on…. and you can ALSO put it on your site and promote yourself accordingly!
Winners will receive their prizes within two weeks of our receipt of the completed pattern.
Edited 8/25/11 with deadline extension and new terms – see bold text above!